Alex and Hope are running two half Marathons this year to raise funds to train two service puppies to help two humans that really need them… and we need YOUR help!
There are two ways you can help!
Make A Donation:
We are always looking for donations to help Hope is Mine spread the word and awareness about service dogs and to help in getting dogs trained to help others in need. You can simply click on the donate button on the right or go to our Fundraising page at http://www.firstgiving.com/hopeismine.
Run With Hope:
You can run in one of both of the marathons, have your friends and family sponsor you and make a huge difference to this great cause.
Here are the details of the two Half-Marathons. Support the cause and help us raise the funds we need to help others in need.
The Disneyland® Half marathon on September 2nd 2012 in California.
The Disney Wine and Dine Half Marathon on November 9th in Orlando.
Those who finish both are eligible for a third medal called the Coast to Coast Challenge so Hope is “hoping” to add three medals to her proud of me wall this year! With your help, there’s no doubt she’ll be able to do it!
If you are interested in running either or both of the half marathons above, you need to do the following;
- Register on the Disney site for the marathon(s) you are interested in participating in. When you register make sure you say that you are on team “Hope is Mine”
- Register for free at www.firstgiving.com/hopeismine (not active yet), fill out your profile and start to tell everyone that you are running and ask for their support.
- Join our Face Book page https://www.facebook.com/HopeIsMine and let us know how your training and fundraising is going. Remember we are all in this together so this will be a great source of support for you!
- Make sure to book your travel and accommodations early. We will probably do something as a group before and after the race so watch for details (coming soon!).
- If you have any talents or expertise you can donate to help make this an even greater success let us know! This is going to be a rocking event that we “Hope” to do every year, so help us make this first one a resounding success!
Be on the lookout for more information about these events. In the mean time, please help us spread the word and raise some money. Hope springs eternal with all of your support!